JOBS AT ABALIMI
Abalimi Bezehaya seeks to appoint various additional staff members to help grow the organization. The person needs to have a passion for community development and service, while knowledge of the NPO sector is advantageous. The successful candidate/swill need to be based in Cape Town and will form part of the current team reporting to the Managing Director and Board.
With additional funding being released we are looking at doing various new appointments with suitable staff members to join our team, including the following:
- Harvest of Hope (HOH) Manager
- Food Security Programme Coordinator
- Young Farmers Training Centre (YFTC) Programme Coordinator
- Production Farmers Coordinator
- Financial Administrator
- Office Admin and HR
- Field team admin, monitoring and evaluation support
WHAT WE OFFER:
We provide an opportunity for you to work with a dynamic team that has been doing urban food gardening for the last 35-years. The salary offered will be based on experience and qualifications, considering the NGO sector financial constraints. The successful applicant will be required to start work as soon as possible.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IF YOU WANT TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following documentation:
- Cover letter of maximum two pages motivating why you would like to be part of the Abalimi and/or Harvest of Hope team. Please indicate what your expected salary and anticipated starting date would be.
- A curriculum vitae (CV) of maximum two pages, including employment history, education, professional qualifications, language skills, driver’s license, family situation and contact details of at least three contactable references.
- A copy of your identity document, driver’s license and latest qualification.
- Indicate which of the following positions you are applying for and include the job code in the subject line of the email.
- For information on each of the positions, click on the job code in the table below (if no hyperlink yet, then please check again soon).
|· Harvest of Hope (HOH) Manager||HOH Manager|
|· Food Security Programme Coordinator||Food Security|
|· Young Farmers Program Developer||Youth|
|· Production Farmers Coordinator||Production|
|· Financial Administrator||Finance|
|· Office Admin and HR||Office admin|
|· Field team admin, monitoring and evaluation support||Field support|
Applications should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and submitted before Monday 16 July 2018 at 10:00 (EXTENDED TO FRIDAY 24 JULY, UNLESS POST IS FILLED BEFORE THEN – ADVISABLE TO SUBMIT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE) clearly indicating JOB APPLICATION followed by the JOB CODE (as indicated above) in the subject line.
Kindly note: Applicants who have not been contacted within 30 working days after the closing date this advertisement, should regard their applications as unsuccessful.